These homemade raw chocolate treats are free from gluten/grains, dairy and refined sugar.
To make the chocolate I use a good quality coconut oil (I love using Coconut Magic) that’s unrefined, raw, cold-pressed and organic and sweetened naturally with coconut nectar. I genuinely love their organic range and the Coconut Magic approach to processing to retain purity and nutritional value.
- This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar.
- A homemade chocolate alternative without refined white sugar.
- Cacao is rich in magnesium and antioxidants and may enhance mood and energy.
- Premium grade coconut oil supports heathy metabolism, hormone balance and balanced blood sugar levels.
- Coconut oil also contains lauric acid which supports your immune system and has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
Choc Caramel Kisses
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup premium coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Make caramel - in a high speed blender or food processor (I use a Vitamix) combine ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt cacao butter and combine with coconut oil, coconut nectar and cacao powder.
- Spoon chocolate into small moulds until 1/2 full.
- Top with a spoon of caramel into each.
- Fill with remaining chocolate.
- Set in refrigerator for 2-4 hours or until chocolate has set.
- Add a touch of additional coconut oil to help blend if needed.