There's no doubt that a good frosting can make a cake! But how do you make icing that is healthy? Our simple recipe for dairy free and sugar free coconut frosting will take your cakes and cupcakes to the next level!
Oh and how exciting that you can make "colour free" additive free coloured icing! We make our cupcakes pretty pink with a pinch of beetroot powder! Or for purple a pinch of acai berry powder, blueberry powder for blue and the tiniest tiniest pinch of supergreen powder for green! Fun! And healthy! (You can buy these from health food stores).
- Whipped coconut cream provides your body with a satiating quality helping to curb sweet cravings and keep you feeling satisfied.
- This is a great dairy free alternative to cream or frosting making it allergy friendly and sugar free.
- Pink - pinch Beetroot Powder
- Purple - pinch Acai Berry Powder
- Green - pinch Supergreens Powder
- Blue - pinch Blueberry Powder
- Take your unopened can of coconut milk out of refrigerator. Do not shake.
- Carefully open and scoop out the solids that have risen to the top. (Keep the liquid for another use such as adding to smoothies).
- In a mixing bowl, whip coconut milk solids with optional stevia using electric beaters for 5-8 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Stir through natural colour options (above) if using.
Make It Personal:
- Add 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla powder of alcohol free/sugar free vanilla extract.
- Instead of stevia you can omit or add a touch of honey, maple syrup or equivalent sweetener.
- Sprinkle your iced cakes with organic shredded coconut or coconut flakes.
Sensitive to FODMAPs?
- Stick to small amounts per serve or up to your tolerable limit of coconut products.
© Live Love Nourish™ 2015. All rights reserved.