Banana Bread - Gluten, dairy, nut, egg, sugar free
Here's my 'free from' healthy banana bread recipe; free from gluten, dairy, soy, nuts, eggs and sugar.
Great for snacks and suitable for healthy lunch box treats.
This is one of my most popular kid-friendly recipes and was recently featured on the My Deal website in their Amazingly Easy Kid Friendly Recipes.
This recipe first appeared on www.livelovenourish.com.au
- Sweetened naturally with banana. No added sugar or sweeteners.
- Top 8 free; allergy friendly (gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free and egg free)
- Great source of energy and fibre.
- Helps promote healthy digestion and support gut health.
- Rich in B vitamins, vitamins C, folate and minerals potassium, magnesium and copper.
- Nutrients to help boost your mood.
- Plant based/ Vegan. Buckwheat is also a source of plant based protein.
Watch the video below for how to make this recipe:
'Free From' Banana Bread
- 4 large ripe bananas (500g peeled), cut into pieces (+ 1 extra to decorate)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup (110g) buckwheat flour*
- 3/4 cup (60g) organic desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp gf baking powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla powder
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- In a blender (I use a Vitamix) or food processor blend banana and melted coconut oil until smooth (be careful not to over blend*)
- In a medium mixing bowl combine buckwheat, coconut, baking powder and vanilla. Add banana and coconut oil mixture and combine well.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake in oven for 55-60 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool on a baking before slicing.
- Serve warm, toasted or chilled.
Make It Personal:
- To make this recipe a little extra sweeter, stir through chopped dates.
- You can add chopped walnuts to the mixture.
- Decorate the top of the batter with desiccated coconut or slices of banana.
- *Despite the name buckwheat does not contain wheat. It is a gluten free pseudocereal (cereal).
- *Be careful not to over blend the banana and coconut oil as this may cause the loaf to become denser.
- The riper the banana, the sweeter your bread will be.
© Live Love Nourish ® 2016. All rights reserved.