Tigernut Anzac Cookies
Healthy cookies made with tigernut flour*. Free from gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, sugar and sweeteners. The combination of tigernuts and coconut create a delicious ANZAC inspired biscuit recipe.
*What are tigernuts? A tiny tube (aka root vegetable) that's actually not a nut and taste like "chewy coconut and almond".
- This recipe is free from gluten, grain, dairy and refined sugar.
- This recipe is nut free and suitable for those with nut sensitivity or following AIP/ nut free diets.
- Made with simple, nourishing ingredients.
- No added sugar or sweetness, just the natural sweetness of coconut and tigernuts.
- Tigernuts are a prebiotic and rich in fibre great for gut health.
- Tigernuts are high in magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron, vitamin C and E and good fats.
- The cookies are rich in healthy fats and fibre to keep you satisfy and reduce sugar cravings and promoting balanced blood sugar levels.
Tigernut ANZAC Cookies
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (80ml) premium canned coconut milk (BPA free)
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 170'C.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add in melted coconut oil and coconut milk and combine well.
- Shape tablespoon portions of cookie mixture into round shapes and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Add a drizzle of melted homemade choc/carob on top of cookies and set in fridge.
- I get my tigernuts from the Australian company Terra Firma.
Please note this recipe is unsponsored. I enjoy endorsing products, such as Terra Firma tigernuts and Coconut Magic coconut oil , that I believe in their nutritional value and quality.
This recipe was created by nutritionist, naturopath and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons © Live Love Nourish ® 2017. All rights reserved.