Healthy Skin Starts From Within
Healthy and glowing skin starts from within. Your skin reflects what is going on inside your body and this is why it is so important to make sure you look after your internal health for skin that glows from the inside out.
My tips for gorgeous and radiant skin:
- Get adequate restful sleep. Lack of restorative sleep will show in your skin.
- Hydrate from within. Aim to drink 2L filtered water each day. I also include decaffeinated herbal teas throughout the day.
- Keep your skin clean with a a regular skin care routine that includes gentle cleansing and moisturising (use natural products without nasty chemicals or toxins; switch to natural skin care products and makeup). I believe makeup should celebrate your natural beauty and features whilst being kind to your skin so I choose to use natural mineral based make up without any added nasties for a natural and glowing look. I love using Dusty Girls makeup range. It’s free from chemicals and celebrates natural beauty.
- Eat real food. Avoid processed and packaged foods filled with sugar and preservatives. Eat organic if possible (even if its just a few things you can afford). Check out the dirty dozen list for which produce to prioritise in your organic shopping.
- Include lots of heathy, nourishing fats at each meal especially avocado, olive oil (one of my favourites for healthy skin) and oily fish such as salmon or sardines.
- Get enough zinc in your diet (great for skin health). Good sources include pepitas (pumpkin seeds), garlic, sesame seeds, tahini, grass fed meat (slow cooked is ideal for digestion) and chickpeas (BPA free if canned).
- Get lots of skin-loving vitamin C from your diet. Great sources include red capsicum, kale, broccoli, kiwi grapefruit and berries.
- Enjoy a diet that is abundant in plants! Colourful vegetables contain amazing phytonutrients beneficial for your skin (and your entire body!)
- Enjoy lots of antioxidant rich foods such as blueberries, goji berries, olive oil, pecans and walnuts.
- Take care of your gut health. Gut health is incredibly important for heathy skin. Include prebiotic rich foods (such as asparagus, banana, garlic, onion, apples and sweet potato) and probiotic rich foods such as fermented vegetables (sauerkraut, kimchi or coconut kefir) in your diet.
- Bone broth also supports good gut health and is rich in amazing minerals and nutrients for radiant skin.
- Give your gut and liver a cleanse (important for glowing skin) by detoxing from alcohol, sugar, caffeine and refined flours. Note that gluten and dairy can be problematic for some and affect your skin.
- Stress can lead to ageing skin. Make time to rest and nurture. Find ways to manage and reduce stress.
- Above all, "beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself" ?
Hope these tips help! Casey-Lee x
I only recommend products I genuinely believe in (including their philosophy and not just ingredients) and I’m proud to mention that I have teamed up with Dusty Girls make up where you can receive 15% off all Dusty Girls products by using the code LIVELOVENOURISH at their checkout. (15% off all orders being shipped with AU.NZ,UK,EU and US. Valid until October 31, 2017). Dusty Girls is a natural range of vegan-friendly, mineral make up designed for all skin types (including sensitive skin) offering a healthy alternative, without synthetic chemicals, to traditional cosmetics. Enjoy x