Nutrition tips to accelerate towards your health and wellness goals
Whit so much conflicting, confusing and complicated advice around as to what is the best way to eat for your goals, I thought I'd bring it back to basics with some simple and achievable tips to help you accelerate towards your health and wellness goals.
Why nutrition is important
Nourishing your body with healthy, natural foods is key to achieving your health and wellness goals. The combination of good nutrition and exercise is necessary to accelerate towards feeling and looking your best. You simply can’t have one without the other. You can exercise really well but without a healthy and supportive diet, you limit yourself and your ability to feel your best. As a nutritionist, naturopath (and busy mum) here are my tips on making nutrition an important part of your health journey.
Why does nutrition matter?
- Provides your body with fuel to perform well. If we compare your body to a Ferrari, which type of fuel would you put into it to make it run its best? It’s the same with your body, treat it like a Ferrari and it will reward you with its best performance
- Promotes a healthy and balanced weight
- Provides you with energy
- Provides you with a healthy foundation for feeing your best
- Provides essential nutrients including important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to heal, repair and promote vitality
- Helps to ensure your metabolism is running optimally
- Provides key nutrients for recovery
- Promotes better sleep
- Promotes balanced hormones and glowing skin
- Promotes healthy digestion and gut health
- Enhances your moods and emotional wellbeing
- Helps your body to naturally detox effectively
- Can help to prevent disease and strengthen your immune system
Making good nutrition part of your approach to health and fitness is key to reaching your healthiest potential.
Holistic nutrition tips to help you accelerate towards your health goals
- View each time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body.
- Keep it simple! Don’t over-complicate nutrition. Unless you are training for an elite competition don’t over think it. Get back to basics, learn to listen to your body, eat intuitively and nourish with real, wholesome food.
- Make taking care of your body a priority. Life can certainly be busy but you are worth taking care of. Take the time to nourish your body. It will reward you with better health.
- What you put into your mouth has the potential to heal and promote health and wellbeing or to hinder, compromise and hold you back from feeling your best. Choose foods that will love your body back.
- Change your mindset from skinny/ weight-loss/ gaining a six-pack to reaching your healthiest potential. A healthy relationship with food and nutrition is key to long term success. When you nourish your body from a healthy mindset your body will reward you with health, energy and feeling and looking great (without the stress of counting calories or restrictive eating).
- Avoid processed food and nourish your body with whole food ingredients. Just eat real food! Listen to your body. Your body is constantly providing you with feedback. Remember to tune in, listen and let it help guide you with what works best for you and YOUR body.
- Enjoy real food. Avoid packaged food. Cook simply.
- Eat a well balanced diet of protein, unrefined carbohydrates, plenty of nourishing fats and lots of vegetables, especially your greens.
- Quit sugar and refined carbohydrates (including added sugars, soft drinks, bread, pasta, cereal, baked goods and refined flour).
- Give yourself permission to enjoy healthy food. Being healthy doesn’t mean missing out or feeling like you are always on a diet. Learn to cook simple, healthy and delicious meals using foods that support your goals.
Accelerate towards better health with the Live Love Nourish 8-Week Program
If you are looking for nutritional support and guidance to achieve your health and wellness goals, check out the Live Love Nourish 8-Week Program. This online interactive program is designed by a qualified nutritionist and aims to inspire you to nourish your body with 8 weeks of healthy meal plans, easy recipes and nutrition and lifestyle guides for increased energy, finding your natural weight, improving your gut and digestive health, balancing hormones, curbing sugar cravings, developing a healthy relationship with your body and nourishing it with real food. You can find out more HERE.
This article first appeared on www.livelovenourish.com.au
This article was written by nutritionist, naturopath and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons © Live Love Nourish™ 2017. All rights reserved.