Breakfast is one of my favourite meals of the day. There’s nothing quite like getting a great night’s sleep following by a nutritious and balanced breakfast. I’m definitely a morning person!
Healthy eating doesn’t mean hard or complicated and that’s why I love sharing simple recipes like these and over 150+ other easy-to-make recipes in my 8 Weeks to Real Food Program.
- This simple recipe celebrates flavour and balance. Made with 3 whole food ingredients that together provide nutritional balance (and great flavour).
- Eggs provide a source of complete protein and keep you fuller for longer, whilst promoting balanced blood sugar levels.
- Banana provides a source of unrefined carbohydrate for energy and focus.
- Coconut provides a source of fat for slow release energy and to reduce sugar cravings.
- This recipe is free from grains, gluten, dairy and refined sugar.
The combination of a good night’s sleep followed by a healthy and nourishing breakfast is key to a healthy and happy you. You can read more about ‘is sleep really that important + my tips to improve your sleep’ here.
3 Ingredient Flourless Pancakes
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp organic desiccated coconut
- Coconut oil for cooking
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs with banana until well combined.
- Add coconut and mix through.
- Heat coconut oil on a frying pan and spoon batter into small pancakes.
- Cook for 2- 3 minutes each side or until lightly golden and cooked through.
Other toppings include toasted coconut flakes, a small drizzle of maple syrupor honey; chia jam and coconut yoghurt or fresh berries and coconut yoghurt.