Healthy baked avocado fries made with a delicious gluten free crispy coconut coating.
- Made with real food ingredients this recipe is free from grains, gluten and dairy.
- Nut free and Paleo friendly.
- These make a healthy, low carb, savoury snack or side, rich in good fats, vitamins and fibre.
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 free range eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Avocado
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Cut avocado into thick slices/wedges.
- In a small mixing bowl combine desiccated coconut, paprika, onion powder and salt.
- Arrange three bowls. Place coconut flour in one, eggs in another, and the coconut crumb in the other.
- Coat each avocado slice in coconut flour, dip into egg mix and then coat well with coconut crumb. Repeat with all avocado slices.
- Arrange coated avocado slices onto a lined baked tray.
- Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until coating is lightly golden and crisp. (Check after 10 mins).
- Serve with a generous serving of Roza's Gourmet dairy free Garlic Aioli
- Add garlic powder to coconut crumb.