Baked Buckwheat Breakfast Recipe
In Winter your body leans towards having warming foods. This doesn’t mean they have to be heavy. Starting the day on a cold morning with a warm and healthy breakfast is a great way to nourish your body. It’s like a healthy hug on the inside, still leaving you feeling light.
Using buckwheat this baked breakfast recipe will keep you satisfied and your energy levels up without that sluggish feeling afterwards. (Despite it’s name buckwheat is in fact gluten free.)
As I share in our Nourish From the Inside Out – Online Program, including protein in your breakfast meal will help to keep your blood sugar levels steady. It also helps to reduce mid morning sugar cravings.
The recipe uses eggs and collagen powder from Thankfully Nourished to boost the protein content and satisfy you for longer. (Use code LIVELOVE for 10% off their Collagen powder).
I add a sprinkle of cinnamon just before baking which fills your kitchen with the most amazing scent. Cinnamon can also assist in helping to control blood sugar levels.
Serve this baked buckwheat breakfast recipe with your favourite toppings such as coconut yoghurt, your choice of plant-based milk, warmed berries, chopped nuts, toasted coconut or fresh seasonal fruit.
- Pre-soak groats in water with lemon juice for 12 hours (overnight). Cover with enough water for room to swell.
- Drain and rinse buckwheat.
- In a mixing bowl add remaining ingredients and pour into an oiled casserole dish.
- Bake at 170’C for 30 - 35 mins (until a skewer comes out clean and golden on top).
- Serve with warm milk of choice and optional toppings such as coconut yoghurt, berries or your favourite fresh fruit.
- Warm plant-based milk of choice
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg
- Fresh or defrosted from frozen berries
- Chopped nuts, seeds
- Toasted coconut
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
This recipe, video and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.