A simple, dairy free, sugar free salad dressing that highlights the fresh flavour of basil. The health-promoting ingredients used in this dressing make it a great digestive aid.
It takes minutes to make and keeps in the refrigerator for several days making it easy to turn your salads and veggies into a scrumptious dish.
I just love drizzling this dressing over cooked vegetables too for a simple flavour-boost.
Using just 3 ingredients, it doesn’t get more simple (or ‘clean eating’) than that!
- Basil possess anti-bacterial properties and is great for digestive health. In fact, basil is a great way to give your digestive system a cleanse, helping to reduce bloating.
- Basil also has anti-inflammatory effects that help aid inflammatory conditions such as arthritis or inflammatory bowel conditions.
- Olive oil is great for your liver and skin health and a fabulous anti-ageing ingredient.
- Olive oil is also fabulous for cardiovascular health, mental health, to support healthy blood sugar levels and to promote healthy cholesterol levels.
- Lemon Juice is a rich source of vitamin C, helps maintain pH levels as well as flushing out toxins. It also works well with olive oil to promote healthy weight loss.
- 1 cup (packed) Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a blender (I use my Total Nutrition Centre 5200 Vitamix) or spice grinder puree ingredients to combine well.
- Store in an air-tight jar in the fridge.
- Stir through salads or cooked vegetables.
- Add 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed or use garlic infused olive oil for a burst of garlic flavour.
- Add a pinch of dried chilli flakes for a chilli kick.
- To make a thicker dressing use additional basil leaves.