‘Pretty in pink’ this gluten, dairy and sugar free dip is packed full of nutrients and flavour. Loaded with antioxidant power and fresh flavours this beetroot dip recipe is perfect for Summer.
Use as a dip for entertaining, a great snack or even as a puree served with cooked protein.
To make this dip creamy and add a boost of extra nutrients add 1/4 – 1/2 avocado or 1/4 cup walnuts or macadamia nuts. Or give this dip a boost of calcium by adding 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed spread).
- Beetroot is rich in vitamins C and A and anti-oxidants boosting your immune system, collagen production and protecting your body against free-radical damage.
- Beetroot also helps to cleanse and build the quality of your blood and a great cleanser for your bowels and liver.
- Beetroots are an excellent source of folic acid, fibre, manganese and potassium.
- Beets are also a rich source of betaine which promotes cardiovascular health by reducing levels of homocysteine that contribute to vascular disease.The juice found in beetroots has also shown to reduce high blood pressure.
- 250 g cooked and peeled Beetroots* (approx 4 medium beetroots)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Serve as a dip with raw vegetable sticks, Gluten Free, Grain Free Crackers or dollop over chicken, fish, meat or eggs.
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 avocado.
- Add 1/4 cup walnuts or macadamia nuts (adds a great crunch and bonus nutritional value too).
- Add 1 clove garlic, crushed or use garlic or basil infused olive oil for additional flavour.
- Add 1 tablespoon tahini.
- Serve with a sprinkle of dried seaweed such as shredded nori.
- You can purchase pre-cooked and peeled beetroot with no added preservatives or sugar from food grocers and supermarkets in the fresh fruit and vegetable section. Alternatively you can boil, steam or bake your own until tender.