A dairy free alternative to cheese made with metabolism boosting cashews. Our “paleo cheese” recipe goes great on our Paleo Pizza. Recipe here.
You can also take this awesome recipe and make dairy French Onion Dip! Recipe here.
- If you are someone who suffers from bloating, wind, sinus or tummy upset after eating dairy try our diary free alternative to cheese.
- Made with cashews that are rich in tryptophan which boost your mood and help you to sleep better. Their high levels of vitamin B6 and magnesium also help to stabilise your moods.
- Cashews also provide an abundant source of health-promoting minerals as well as energy-boosting B-vitamins.
- Cashews also contain phytosterol compounds that help to improve cholesterol levels.
- The healthy fats found in cashews also help those with anxiety and depression as well as keeping sugar cravings at bay.
- 1 cup Raw Cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup filtered Water
- Pinch Pink Salt
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- In a blender puree ingredients until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator until use.
- Serve on our Paleo Pizza, as a dip or with your favourite savoury dishes.
- Add a hint of fresh flavour with your choice of fresh herbs such as dill, parsley or chives.
- Omit fresh garlic and add an additional teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Stick to very small quantities if can tolerate cashews or make with macadamia nuts.