A protein rich ‘porridge’ alternative. This breakfast recipe is egg free, nut free and like all of our other recipes is also gluten free, dairy free and sugar free.
This recipe is also really fun to make with the kids as they watch the chia seeds (or frogs eggs as we call them) swell!
I share more healthy and easy recipes like this in my 8 Weeks to Real Food Online Program.
- This recipe is sugar free with a hint of natural sweetness from the coconut water.
- Using Coconut Milk + Coconut Water, this recipe provides all off the goodness of natures’s superfood, the Coconut.
- Coconut Milk and Coconut Oil provide a source of beneficial fat for energy supply as well as keeping you satisfied.
- Berries are a low-sugar fruit that provide a good dose of Vitamin C and anti-oxidants.
- Chia Seeds are rich in fibre, protein and omegas adding to the power-packed nutritional quality of this recipe.
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk(canned/ BPA free)
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Fresh Berries
- Flaked Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds and/or Organic Coconut to serve
- In a bowl mix together coconut water, coconut milk and vanilla powder.
- Add chia seeds and stir. After 5 minutes, re-stir and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Once chia seeds have swollen and porridge is thick serve with fresh berries and sprinkle with almonds, pumpkin seeds and/or coconut.
- To add extra sweetness add a touch of pure maple syrup, raw honey, a few drops of liquid stevia concentrateor equivalent sweetener but we do encourage as little sweeteners as you can tolerate.
- You can also make your chia porridge the night before for a quick and easy breakfast.