These gluten free chicken nuggets are such a simple recipe but are a favourite every time I make them for my little one.
Chicken nuggets are favourite amongst kids but most pre-made or pre-packaged chicken nuggets contain food allergens such as wheat and egg as well as preservatives, additives and processed ingredients.
Keeping to my real food philosophy I simple use free range chicken mince with herbs and spices to make gluten free chicken nuggets that are actually healthy!
If you enjoy this recipe you might like to try my kid-friendly meatasaurus meatballs and other healthy recipes in my e-book.
Serve your chicken nuggets with our Sugar Free Tomato Sauce andwith Baked Sweet Potato Chipsfor a fun kid’s meal (or big kid’s meal 😉 )
You might like to also try our Paleo Popcorn Chicken.
- These little golden nuggets are a great source of protein for muscle growth and energy.
- The sesame seeds used to coat these nuggets provide a source of calcium.
- These homemade gluten free chicken nuggets are a great heathy alternative to processed versions, free from preservatives.
Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
- 500 g Free Range Chicken Mince
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 4 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl combine ingredients well. (Try not to overwork the mince too much).
- Using clean, wet hands shape tablespoon portions of the mixture into nugget shapes.
- Roll each nugget in sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat oil in frying pan and cook nuggets for 3-4 minutes each side over medium heat or until golden and cooked through.
- These are great served with Sugar Free Tomato Sauce.
- In place of sesame seeds you can also coat your nuggets in organic shredded coconut (make sure its organic/preservative free) or almond meal for a different texture (and if nuts are tolerated).
- You can also change your herbs and spices to to make different flavour combinations such as using dried parsley or a pinch of cumin.
- Omit garlic powder and onion powder and increase oregano to 2 teaspoons and paprika to 1 1/2 teaspoons.