Chocolate crackle meets golden rough. This delicious and healthy sugar free raw slice is boasting with heath-promoting ingredients including tigernuts, chia seeds and sesame seeds.
- This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar.
- This recipe is also nut free, suitable for those with nut sensitivity.
- Tigernuts are a tiny root vegetable (not actually a nut) that promotes good gut health, is rich in fibre, prebiotics, vitamins C & E as well as calcium, iron, zinc and magnesium.
- The chia seeds provide a source of omega-3 and protein whilst the calcium adds a source of calcium.
- Using just the natural sweetness of tigernuts, coconut and carob powder, this slice is completely free from added sugars or sweeteners.
Choccie Crackle Slice
- 1 cup (160g) peeled tigernuts*
- 1 cup (50g) shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup 1 tbsp (100ml) melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp (35g) raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp (6g) carob powder
- 2 tbsp (20g) raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp (16g) chia seeds
- 1 tbsp (12g) sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- In a blender or food processor (I use a Vitamix) pulse tigernuts and shredded coconut to a crumb.
- In a mixing bowl, stir tigernut and coconut mix with all remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon into a lined slice tin and firmly press into shape.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to set. Cut into shapes.
- Store in refrigerator.
- If you have a sweet tooth you can add a touch of natural sweetener, although I like to keep it sugar free and enjoy the natural sweetness together from the tigernuts, coconut and carob.
- *You can purchase tigernuts from health food stores or online via suppliers such as Terra Firma (this is the brand I use).