Dairy free chocolate avocado mousse is such a fun recipe to make and a great dairy free, refined sugar free dessert. (It is also vegan, egg free and nut free for those with these sensitivities).
Made from avocado and flavoured with cacao powder this recipe also uses minimal natural sweeteners.
You can make this paleo-style mousse in minutes and is actually packed with satiating healthy fats from avocado as well as vitamins and minerals.
Using just four ingredients this is such an easy and clean-eating dessert recipe and a great crowd pleaser. I love serving this to friends and after they
all comment how yummy it is, I ask what they think it is made from. Much to their surprise they can’t believe they are eating avocado, let alone a
You can also make this mousse with carob powder making it a great option for young children. To make this recipe completely ‘sugar free’ opt to sweeten
with liquid stevia.
For more healthy treats and ways to nourish your body check out my recipe e-book.
- Avocados are extremely satiating and help to keep sugar cravings at bay as well as keeping you feeling fuller for longer.
- Avocados are also rich in vitamins E and C making them great for healthy, glowing skin.
- Avocados also posses anti-inflammatory properties and provide your body with a source of iron and fibre.
- Avocado are also rich in vitamins B6 which is beneficial for those experiencing PMS, mood swings and to support hormone health.
- Cacao powder is known to be rich in the antioxidant resveratrol and is believed to promote cardiovascular health.
- Cacao powder can also help to boost your mood and is rich in minerals such as magnesium, zinc, potassium, copper and manganese.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 avocado flesh
- 2 tablespoon 100% Maple Syrup, Raw Honey or 8 drops Liquid Stevia (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Raw Cacao Powder(or Carob Powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Powder or sugar free/alcohol free Vanilla Extract
- In a blender(I use a Vitamix), food processor or stick blender with attachment, combine all ingredients until smooth, scraping down sides occasionally.
- Serve chilled.
- Use carob powder instead of cacao powder (good for kids).
- Serve your chilled mousse with toasted Shredded Coconut, chopped nuts and seeds, Cacao Nibs or even fresh berries.
- The creamier your avocado the better your results. Make sure you use a ripe avocado as an unripened avocado wont produce the same creamy results.
- You can also blend in coconut yoghurt or coconut cream for a thick, creamy texture.
- Stick to 1/4 avocado per serve.
- Opt for maple syrup or liquid stevia instead of honey.