Soft and chewy healthy cookies rich in protein and healthy fats to curb your cravings and keep you feeling satisfied. These chocolate chip protein cookies are the perfect snack for in between meals, when you are craving something sweet or even post workout. Satisfy your sweet cravings or enjoy with a cuppa for a feel good healthy snack.
To make these healthy chocolate chip protein cookies I’ve used a combination of protein and healthy fats. These macronutrients help to keep your blood sugar levels stable, energy balanced and keep you satisfied in between meals without cravings.
In this recipe you will find sources of protein from almond butter, chia seeds and protein powder.
The chia seeds also provide a source of omegas, magnesium, calcium and fibre. 🙌🏻 I used chia seeds from the Botanika Basics range (gluten free, quality pantry staples for healthy recipes).
The recipe calls for a plant based liquid of choice such as almond milk, coconut milk or coconut water. To add a hint of natural sweetness and benefits of hydration through naturally occurring electrolytes, I’ve used coconut water. To make your own coconut water you can mix preservative free coconut water powder with water. Coconut water powder is a great pantry staple to keep coconut water on hand.
Which protein powder to use?
Always choose a good quality protein powder, without additives, artificial flavours, artificial colours or artificial sweeteners.
I use a plant based protein powder that is both gluten free and vegan friendly by Botanika Blends. Their range of plant based protein powder includes a variety of flavours to diversify your cooking, baking and protein smoothies. The Botanika Blends protein is free from nasties, gluten free (tested and verified), has no artificial sweeteners and has a smooth texture ideal for smoothies and recipes like these protein cookies.
Community Discount Code
I’ve partnered with Botanika Blends who have been so fabulous in offering the Live Love Nourish Community 15% off their range. Use code LIVELOVENOURISH15 for 15% off the Botanika Blends plant protein range and Botanika Basics range (which includes pantry staples such as chia seeds, cacao powder, maca powder and more).
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and refined sugar free.
This recipe is very easy and comes together in minutes. Add wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, combine, roll and refrigerate to firm up. Then simply bake in the oven until golden and allow to cool. Yum!
Share your Home Baking!
We love seeing your home cooking in our community! I hope your family love making these as much as mine do. Share your remakes and tag @livelovenourishaus on Instagram or share in our Facebook Community. We can’t wait to see!
Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder (I used Botanika Blends Vanilla Cake Batter Plant Protein)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or equivalent natural sweetener)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 chia egg*
- 2 tbsp almond milk/ coconut milk/ coconut water* or liquid of choice
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Make chia egg* and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients, protein powder, coconut sugar, coconut flour and almond meal.
- Add wet ingredients almond butter, vanilla, chia egg and almond milk and combine well.
- Mix through chocolate chips.
- Mix through chocolate chips. Heat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oven to 180°C. Roll tablespoon portions of the cookie dough into shape and place onto a lined baking tray. Place in fridge for 15 minutes (this will help the cookies to hold their shape and produce a light, soft and chewy centre).
- Bake cookies in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool.
- Best enjoyed on the day of baking or store in refrigerator.
- In this recipe I used coconut water made from coconut water powder and water.
Let’s Stay Connected
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe? Please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
As proud partners, this recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Botanika Blends.