Here’s a super delicious breakfast recipe with loads of flavour, colour and crunch. A great egg free breaky option or even snack or treat.
Coco-Nutty Breakfast Parfait
- 1/4 cup mixed Raw Nuts*, roughly chopped (*preferably activated)
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds*(*preferably activated)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Seeds*(*preferably activated)
- 1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup or sweetener of choice (optional)
- 2 tablespoon s Organic Coconut Flakes
- 1/3 cup Fresh Berries (or Fresh Fruit of choice)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Yoghurt (Dairy Free- avail at Health Food Stores or learn how to make in the LLN8WP)
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 150C.
- In a mixing bowl mix together nuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl combine maple syrup with melted coconut oil. Pour into bowl of mixed nuts and seeds and stir, ensuring dry ingredients are well coated.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla powder and mix well.Add coconut flakes and stir through.
- Spread mixture evenly onto a tray lined with baking paper. Bake in oven for 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- Assemble parfait in layers in a glass using layers of toasted granola mix, berries and coconut yoghurt. Serve chilled.
- Making up larger quantities of granola helps to enjoy quick and easy mid-week breakfasts.
- Activating your nuts and seeds makes them easier to digest.
- Follow our recipe for nut free version of Super Seed Granola or simply use toasted seeds (preferably activated) and organic shredded coconut.
- Stick to small parfait glass (in other words small portions!) Choose tolerated nuts or seeds and avoid cashews.