Here’s a super delicious breakfast recipe with loads of flavour, colour and crunch. A great egg free breaky option or even snack or treat.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and soy free
To make this recipe low FODMAP and nut free see recipe notes below.
Coco-Nutty Breakfast Parfait
- 1/4 cup mixed raw nuts*, roughly chopped (*preferably activated)
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds *(*preferably activated)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or good quality vanilla extract)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup Fresh Berries (or Fresh Fruit of choice)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Yoghurt
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 150C.
- In a mixing bowl mix together nuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl combine maple syrup with melted coconut oil. Pour into bowl of mixed nuts and seeds and stir, ensuring dry ingredients are well coated.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla powder and mix well.Add coconut flakes and stir through.
- Spread mixture evenly onto a tray lined with baking paper. Bake in oven for 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- Assemble parfait in layers in a glass using layers of toasted granola mix, berries and coconut yoghurt. Serve chilled.
- Making up larger quantities of granola helps to enjoy quick and easy mid-week breakfasts.
- Activating your nuts and seeds makes them easier to digest.
- Follow our recipe for nut free version of Super Seed Granola or simply use toasted seeds (preferably activated) and organic shredded coconut.
- Stick to small parfait glass (in other words small portions!) Choose tolerated nuts or seeds and avoid cashews.