These little ‘bombs’ of natural goodness are really easy to make and use just 4 ingredients. Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar or sweeteners, just the natural sweetness of a fresh cherry.
They make the perfect Christmas table treats. For more sugar free Christmas recipe ideas I hope you enjoy my Christmas recipe e-book, A Healthy and Happy Christmas.
- Cherries are rich in antioxidants and potassium and help to reduce inflammation and promote better sleep.
- Coconut provides a source of beneficial fat that helps to reduce sugar cravings, encourage balanced hormones and has a great satiating quality that keeps you satisfied.
- Coconut oil is a good source of healthy fat that provides anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
- Coconut also helps to boost your metabolism.
Coconut Cherry Bombs
- 500 g fresh cherries
- 1/4 cup (65g) coconut butter*
- 2 tsp s (10ml) extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (50g) pistachios, finely chopped
- Pre-line a flat tray and keep in the fridge to cool whilst preparing other ingredients. (Pre-chilling the tray helps coconut coating to set quickly).
- In a small mixing bowl mix coconut butter and oil over boiling water to melt. (Use a small saucepan of boiling water and sit bowl over the top. The heat from underneath will melt the coconut in the mixing bowl.)
- Prepare pistachios in a small bowl.
- Holding the cherry by the stem and dip in coconut and immediately into pistachios.
- Place cherries onto pre-chilled tray and store in fridge to set.
- Serve straight from fridge.
- Swap cherries for strawberries.
- Make sure your cherries are dried well.
- *Coconut butter is different to coconut oil. Coconut butter is the flesh made into a butter. Find in health food stores or here.
- Swap pistachios for finely chopped pumpkin seeds.