These little ‘bombs’ of natural goodness are really easy to make and use just 4 ingredients. Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar or sweeteners, just the natural sweetness of a fresh cherry.
They make the perfect Christmas table treats. For more sugar free Christmas recipe ideas I hope you enjoy my Christmas recipe e-book, A Healthy and Happy Christmas.
- Cherries are rich in antioxidants and potassium and help to reduce inflammation and promote better sleep.
- Coconut provides a source of beneficial fat that helps to reduce sugar cravings, encourage balanced hormones and has a great satiating quality that keeps you satisfied.
- Coconut oil is a good source of healthy fat that provides anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
- Coconut also helps to boost your metabolism.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and soy free
To make this recipe nut free see recipe notes below.
Coconut Cherry Bombs
- 500 g fresh cherries
- 1/4 cup (65g) coconut butter*
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (50g) pistachios, finely chopped
- Pre-line a flat tray and keep in the fridge to cool whilst preparing other ingredients. (Pre-chilling the tray helps coconut coating to set quickly).
- In a small mixing bowl mix coconut butter and oil over boiling water to melt. (Use a small saucepan of boiling water and sit bowl over the top. The heat from underneath will melt the coconut in the mixing bowl.)
- Prepare pistachios in a small bowl.
- Holding the cherry by the stem and dip in coconut and immediately into pistachios.
- Place cherries onto pre-chilled tray and store in fridge to set.
- Serve straight from fridge.
- Swap cherries for strawberries.
- Make sure your cherries are dried well.
- *Coconut butter is different to coconut oil. Coconut butter is the flesh made into a butter.
- Swap pistachios for finely chopped pumpkin seeds (pepitas).