Ahhhh what could be nicer than a bowl of hot soup on a cold evening. Or in my case, I often enjoy this warming Soup for a light lunch or even for breakfast as a delicious and Nourishing start to the day. There’s something truly Nourishing about soup; being warmed from the inside, like a big inside hug!
Made creamy with nutrient-rich avocado this Creamy Broccoli and Avocado Soup is not only dairy free but is made with ingredients that are perfect for immune boosting, digestive health and weight management. Great for a light lunch, a cup of soup in the afternoon, an easy dinner or even for breakfast, this nutritious and high in fibre, easy-to-make soup will keep you satisfied and Nourished.
- We all know broccoli to be a super vege. In fact its nutritional profile is amongst one of the most impressive. Put Broccoli with the superfood avocado and you have yourself an incredibly nutritious combination that provides your body with amazing health benefits.
- Broccoli contains high levels of fibre making it great for digestion and also helps liver detoxification. It also contains phytonutrients that lower your risk of developing diabetes, heart disease and potentially cancers.
- Broccoli is a rich source of vitamin C. Did you know that a 100 gram serve of broccoli will provide you with over 150% of your recommend daily intake of vitamin C!?
- Broccoli is also rich in vitamin A, K, B vitamins, phosphorus and zinc.
- Avocados are great for keeping you feeling fuller for longer and help to reduce sweet cravings by their satiating healthy fat content.
- Avocados are rich in vitamins E and C making them great for healthy skin. They also have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body providing protection from the damaging effects of inflammation.
- Avocados are also rich in vitamin B6 which is great for PMS, mood swings and hormone health.
Creamy Broccoli and Avocado Soup
- 2 medium heads Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large ripe Avocado
- 1 long Red Chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 cups Hot Water
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Pink Salt and Black Pepper to liking
- Fresh Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Steam broccoli for approximately 4 - 5 minutes or until tender.
- Blend broccoli and remaining ingredients in a blender (I use a Total Nutrition Centre 5200 Vitamix) or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves to serve.
- Garnish with fresh chives or spring onions, chopped.
- Add 1 cup baby spinach leaves before pureeing.
- Add 1 - 2 cloves garlic crushed before pureeing.
- Using hot water will instantly make your soup warm without having to transfer puree to stove, reducing another pot to clean.