White choc & raspberry coconut ice creams with a homemade chocolate topping for that extra special touch.
I love ice cream! Being dairy intolerant, discovering delicious coconut based ice cream was a game changer. I love the Coco Tribe plant based ice cream range that is also gluten free and refined sugar free. Check out stockists closest to you here.
- Using the Coco Tribe Ice Cream make your own homemade popsicle ice creams. I used stainless steel popsicle moulds as shown in the photo below which you can get from my favourite eco friendly store here. They come with reusable bamboo paddle pop sticks and and eco friendly.
- Once the ice cream is set in your freezer make your homemade chocolate topping.
- Dip the ice creams into the topping and freeze to set.
- These are the perfect single serve fun treat in Summer and ones the kids will love too.
- Because I couldn’t decide between a dark chocolate or white chocolate coating I have shared both recipes for these below.
About The Recipe:
- The recipe uses plant based coconut ice cream made from coconut milk and naturally sweetened.
- Using wholefood inspired ingredients the recipe for the homemade chocolate ice cream coating is gluten free, dairy free, soy free and refined sugar free.
You can use the chocolate topping as a coating or drizzle over your favourite flavour ice cream as healthy alternative to chocolate ice magic. Being made on coconut oil, when the chocolate coating hits the cold ice cream it sets hard. Kids love this one!
Watch the Recipe Video:
Share This Recipe
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter (you’ll find the link at the top of this page when you click FREE EBOOK). You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
I hope you love it! Casey-Lee x
White Choc & Raspberry Ice Creams
- 1 tub Coco Tribe White Chocolate & Raspberry Coconut Ice Cream
Homemade Dark Chocolate Coating
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or natural sweetener of choice
Homemade White Chocolate Coating
- 1/2 cup cacao butter chopped or I use buttons
- 3 tbsp coconut milk powder
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup or natural sweetener of choice
Freeze dried raspberries
- Spoon softened ice cream into popsicle moulds. Freeze for 2+ hours until firm.
- Remove ice cream from moulds and place onto a flat tray lined with baking paper. Return to freezer for additional 2+ hours or until solidly firm.
- Prepare chocolate coating. To make dark chocolate coating, combine coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup. Set aside.
- To make white chocolate, melt cacao butter, add rice malt syrup and combine well. Mix through coconut milk powder. Set aside.
- Take ice creams out of freezer and dip into chocolate toppings. Return to tray and repeat until all are coated.
- Sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries to decorate.
- Return to freezer to set.
If you love this recipe and want to see more dairy free recipes, check out my Real Food Recipe Book. It contains 80 whole food recipes all without dairy to cater for those with and without food intolerances.
This recipe, video and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
This recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Coco Tribe.