A fresh and light detoxifying salad packed with nutrients and flavour. This healthy salad provides a great balance of flavours and textures with the combination of leafy greens, crisp apple and cucumber with a creamy avocado and fresh herb dressing finished with antioxidant rich goji berries.
This easy recipe is gluten free, dairy free, nut free and sugar free.
- This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy, soy, eggs and nuts suitable for those with these food sensitivities.
- Features whole food ingredients that promote detoxification, enhance digestion and great for glowing skin.
- Apples are great for detoxing as they support liver detoxification as well as improve elimination via your digestive tract.
- The combination of extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice is fantastic for detoxing, it promotes liver and digestive detoxification as well as cleanses your skin whilst reducing inflammation.
- Avocados contain an impressive amount of health-promoting nutrients some of which include fibre, vitamin C, B-vitamins, folic acid, potassium and vitamin E. It’s beneficial fat content helps you absorb fat soluble nutrients (helping you absorb more nutrition from the food you eat). They are rich in fibre promoting digestive detoxification and help to regulate your appetite (thus reducing snacking and cravings – both necessary to help your body thoroughly detox).
- The fresh herbs (parsley and coriander) are also very cleansing helping to detoxify your kidneys, liver, blood and digestive tract.
- The combination of turmeric, black pepper and good fats found in olive oil and avocado maximise the health properties, absorption and anti-inflammatory benefits of the active compound curcumin found in turmeric.
- Goji berries are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. They can help support your immune system, detoxify your liver, promote healthy glowing skin and boost your energy and mood.
Detox Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- 4 cups mixed leafy greens
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup sprouts or pea shoots
- 1 small green capsicum, sliced
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large avocado
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1/2 large avocado (or 1 small)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 1 Spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch black pepper
- In a mixing bowl toss leafy greens with cucumber, sprouts, capsicum, apple and avocado. Set aside.
- Meanwhile make salad dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a blender, food processor or hand held stick mixer until pureed and smooth.
- To increase your protein intake toss through 1/2 cup cooked and shredded chicken or 1/3 cup nuts or serve with boiled eggs, grilled salmon or your favourite fish.
- If you don't have a blender you can make your salad dressing by mashing your avocado with the olive oil and lemon juice really well until smooth (add water to thin out if needed), stir through turmeric pepper and mix through finely chipped herbs and spring onion.