Fudgy white and dark chocolate bliss balls for a healthy homemade chocolate Easter treat without sugar. I make these each Easter as a healthier,
sugar free alternative to Easter eggs.
For more healthy sweet treat ideas check out my Real Food Recipes e-book which includes 80 sugar free and simple recipes to nourish you and your family.
- This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
- This recipe is also egg free and vegan friendly.
- Rich in healthy fats to keep you satisfied and reduce sugar cravings.
- Naturally sweetened and no added sugar.
Easter Egg Bliss Balls
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 30 g chopped cacao butter, softened
- 3 tbsp premium coconut milk
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup (or natural sweetener of choice/ or 6-8 drops liquid stevia)
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cashew meal
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Drain and rinse soaked nuts.
- In a blender (I use a Vitamix) blend almonds, cashews, coconut, cacao butter, coconut milk and rice malt syrup until well combined (some texture is ok).
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl. Add almond meal, cashew meal and vanilla and combine well.
- Halve mixture and add 1 tbsp cacao powder to one portion. Mix well.
- Shape tablespoon portions of each into round balls. Transfer to fridge to set.
- Keep in an air-tight container in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- You can replace cashew meal with additional almond meal. You can roll the balls in extra desiccated coconut.