My healthier version of chocolate brownies. These rich and fudgy chocolate brownies are made with healthy ingredients including avocado, eggs, coconut oil, cacao and hazelnuts, sweetened with maple syrup. Free from gluten/grains, dairy, soy and refined sugar.
- This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar.
- Made with healthy swaps from such as using avocado and coconut oil in place of butter; maple syrup in place of refined white sugar; nutrient-rich hazelnut meal in place of refined flour and raw cacao powder in place of chocolate.
- With added avocado for nut added healthy fats that support a healthy metabolism and glowing skin.
- Cacao is rich in magnesium and antioxidants and may enhance mood and energy.
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped (for topping)
- Pre-heat your fan-forced oven to 170C.
- In your Vitamix blender add all of your ingredients (except the hazelnuts for topping), placing your wet ingredients in first.
- Blend at low speed until smooth and well combined (use a spatular to scrape down sides if needed)
- Pour brownie batter into a small, square cake tin lined with baking paper. (Use a spatula to get all of your batter out).
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Slice into squares.
- You can also sub hazelnut meal with almond meal.
This recipe was custom designed for Brookside Shopping Centre by nutritionist, naturopath and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons © Live Love Nourish ® 2017. All rights reserved.