My healthier version of chocolate brownies. These rich and fudgy Easy Gluten Free Blender Brownies are made with healthy ingredients including avocado, eggs, coconut oil, cacao and hazelnuts, sweetened with maple syrup. Free from gluten/grains, dairy, soy and refined sugar.
The secret ingredient avocado gives them a fudgey, rich and creamy texture with bonus health points!
- This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar.
- Made with healthy swaps from such as using avocado and coconut oil in place of butter; maple syrup in place of refined white sugar; nutrient-rich hazelnut meal in place of refined flour and raw cacao powder in place of chocolate.
- With added avocado for nut added healthy fats that support a healthy metabolism and glowing skin.
- Cacao is rich in magnesium and antioxidants and may enhance mood and energy.
This recipe is one I love to make for a quick and healthy treat. I make a batch and keep in my Mitsubishi Electric Refrigerator and when I’m craving chocolate there’s guilt free brownies ready to enjoy.
Best enjoyed fresh or stored in your fridge for later. Slightly warm when ready to eat to give the brownies a soft and fudge-like texture.
Share your Home Baking!
We love seeing the Live Love Nourish recipes you love baking in our community! I hope your family will love enjoying these as much as mine do. Share your remakes and tag @livelovenourishaus on Instagram or share in our Facebook Community. We can’t wait to see!
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (or good quality vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped (for topping)
- Pre-heat your fan-forced oven to 170C.
- In your Vitamix blender add all of your ingredients (except the hazelnuts for topping), placing your wet ingredients in first.
- Blend at low speed until smooth and well combined (use a spatular to scrape down sides if needed)
- Pour brownie batter into a small, square cake tin lined with baking paper. (Use a spatula to get all of your batter out).
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Slice into squares.
- You can also sub hazelnut meal with almond meal.
This recipe was developed by nutritionist, naturopath and recipe developer. Image and recipe belongs to Casey-Lee Lyons © Live Love Nourish ® 2020. All rights reserved.