This is my go-to banana bread recipe. It’s incredibly simple to make as well as being gluten free, dairy free and sugar free.
This is the simplest banana bread you will ever make. Probably the healthiest too! My recipe for Easy Gluten Free, Grain Free
Banana Bread contains healthy sources of protein and good fats and no added sugar and just how I like my banana bread its not overly sweet too (completely
guilt free!). Enjoy toasted for breakfast, as a nourishing snack or as an accompaniment to a cup of tea.
For more healthy and simple recipes you might like to check out my latest recipe e-book.
- This banana bread recipe provides a great balance of protein (from egg and almond meal), healthy carbohydrates (from banana) and healthy fats (from egg and almond meal).
- Almonds are rich in healthy fats and vitamin E and are known to help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol. Lowering your LDL cholesterol lowers your risk of heart disease.
- Bananas are a great energy source and are rich in fibre to promote a healthy digestion and improve elimination.
- Bananas are also rich in vitamins C, B6, folate and minerals magnesium, potassium and copper providing nutrition for optimum health and vitality. They can also help to boost mood.
- Eggs are a great source of complete protein and contain many different vitamins and minerals increasing your overall nutrient intake.
- By adding a source of healthy fat and protein from using almond mealand eggs the effects of the fruit sugar on your blood sugar levels is minimised.
Easy Gluten Free, Grain Free Banana Bread
- 3 large Free Range Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Banana (approx 3 large) over-ripe, mashed
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 2 teaspoons Gluten Free Baking Powder (or 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs. Add mashed banana and whisk to combine. Add in almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon and combine well.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake in oven for 40- 45 minutes or until cooked through. Test with a skewer; the skewer will come out clean when cooked through.
- Serve warm, toasted or chilled.
- Add almond flakeson surface prior to baking and place baking paper on top (to stop almond flakes from burning).
- Stir through ½ cup chopped walnuts in batter.
- Add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla powder to batter.
- To give your banana bread a little extra sweetness and a boost of extra banana flavour add an additional ¼ cup of mashed banana to mixture, totalling 1 ½ cups.
- If you have a sweet tooth add an extra 1/4 cup mashed banana to batter and top with a sliced banana on top or serve with honey.
- Instead of cooking as a loaf of banana bread you can spoon batter into muffin trays and cook for half the time.
- For a fun decoration layer the top of you uncooked Banana Bread with thin slices of banana before baking.
- Be careful not to cook the banana bread at a heat that is too high as this will cause the top to burn and the middle will be undercooked.
- This recipe is suitable to freeze.
- Try not to over mash the banana.
- Be sure to use baking powder that is free from gluten and aluminium.
- Substitute almond meal for ½ cup coconut flour + 2 tablespoons coconut oil. The loaf will turn out smaller so use a smaller loaf tin or make into mini muffins.