These eggy broccy muffins are such a great savoury snack, lunch box item and make a healthy make-ahead quick and easy breakfast or light lunch. They are
gluten free, dairy free and can be made nut free.
You’ll find more healthy and simple recipes like these in my recipe e-book.
- This recipe is high in protein and vitamin-rich that can be enjoyed anytime of the day. Using simple, real food ingredients they make a tasty, long
lasting and satisfying snack.
- Eggs are a great all rounder when it comes to nutrition. They are a great source of protein, omegas and vitamins A, E, B12 and folate to name just
a few of the many different nutrient properties of golden eggs. They also help to keep sugar cravings at bay and provide your body with a steady
supply of energy.
Eggy Broccy Muffins
- 6 large free range eggs
- 2 tablespoons nut milk or plant based milk
- 12 sweet cherry tomatoes,quartered
- 4-5 broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Pinch good quality salt generous amount of cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs with nut milk.
- Add tomatoes, broccoli, spring onions, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases or a greased muffin tray.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Enjoy these muffins cold or warmed. They are also delicious with a dollop of pesto on top.
- This recipe is a great way to use up leftover fresh herbs or spring onions.
- Add a handful of frozen peas.
- Stir through dairy free pesto.
- Add 1 clove garlic, minced.
- Omit nut milk or use coconut milk.