Using just three whole food ingredients these pancakes are packed with nutrients are are gluten free, grain free, dairy free and sugar free. Who would have thought avocado would go well in pancakes?! As you will see I love making a healthy twist on my recipes. You’ll find 80 whole-food recipes like these in my recipe e-book.
These yummy, moist pancakes are also nut free, making them a great lunch box idea for nut free schools.
If you love sugar free recipes you’ll love the range of sugar free recipes in my 8 Week Online Program.
Tip: Not only are these pancakes delicious and easy, they are good for your hormones! The combination of eggs, banana and avocado provides your body with
a good dose of protein, B-vitamins and magnesium all beneficial for happy hormones and particularly great for pre-menstrual symptoms.
- Eggs provide a great source of protein and have at least 11 different vitamins and minerals!
- Bananas provides a good dose of minerals, vitamins and fibre as well as being a healthy energy source. They are rich in vitamin B6 great for pre-menstrual
tension as well as potassium for healthy blood pressure.
- Banana provides an energy source and are rich in fibre . Bananas are a great source of vitamins C, B6, folate and minerals copper, magnesium and potassium.
- Avocado is rich in vitamins C and E as well as magnesium, iron and fibre.
- By adding avocado to your banana egg pancakes adds an element of healthy fat that helps to reduce the impact of the natural sugars in the banana thus
keeping your blood sugar levels stable.
- 2 large Eggs , whisked
- 1/2 cup mashed Banana (1 large Banana)
- 1/4 Avocado, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or good quality vanilla extract)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Whisk eggs, banana and avocado really well until well combined. Alternatively lightly pulse in a blender.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over low - medium heat.
- Spoon small pikelet size portions of batter into frying pan and cook for 1 - 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Flip carefully and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- These pancakes are great with our sugar free strawberry sauce or served with Coconut Yoghurt.