I just love making frittata for simple make-ahead lunches, light dinners or even for a healthy metabolism boosting snack.
Our recipe for fresh herb frittata is dairy free and gluten free too. Made with whole food ingredients and loads of fresh herbs this frittata will keep you satisfied for longer without heaviness or bloating.
- This frittata recipe is a high protein, vitamin-rich meal that can be enjoyed anytime of the day. Its high protein content make this a tasty, long lasting and satisfying meal.
- Eggs are a great all rounder when it comes to nutrition. They are a great source of protein, omegas and vitamins A, E, B12 and folate to name just a few of the many different nutrient properties of golden eggs.
- Adding nut milk and almond meal boosts the protein content and offers a healthy source of good fats to keep your metabolism churning.
- Fresh herbs provide a source of anti-oxidants as well as help to lighten the frittata.
Fresh Herb Frittata
- 8 extra large Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup Nut Milk
- 5 Sprig Onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Sweet Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Chives, finely chopped
- Pinch Pink Salt
- Generous amount of Black Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Almond Meal
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs lightly with nut milk.
- Add spring onions, spinach, tomatoes, herbs, garlic, chives, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add almond meal and mxi to combine.
- Pour over egg mixture into a greased quiche dish.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until egg is set.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Serve with a side of fresh salad greens or cooked greens such as kale, silverbeet, broccoli or green beans.
- Serve with a dollop of Dairy Free Basil Pesto.
- To boost protein content add cooked or canned salmon or tuna.
- Adding nut milkto the eggs helps to create a mixture that is light ad fluffy and helps the eggs to go further. If you prefer, you can omit and just use whole eggs or a combination of whole eggs and egg whites.
- Make your own Almond Milk by following our recipe here or alternatively or purchase unsweetened Almond Milk here.
- Omit nut milk or substitute for Coconut Drinking Milk or Coconut Milk + water (1:1 ratio).
- Substitute almond meal for 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour.
- Omit fresh garlic and add 2 teaspoons garlic infused olive oil.