Made with organic whole food ingredients from My Organics, this recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar. Paleo and vegan friendly.
They smell amazing baking in the oven!
For more healthy Christmas recipes (all gluten free, dairy free and sugar free) check out my Christmas recipe e-book.
- Free from refined white sugar and flours.
- Suitable for multiple food sensitivities including dairy free, gluten free, grain free, and egg free.
- Almond meal provides a source of healthy fat that satisfies and helps to reduce sweet/sugar cravings (and eating too many!)
- Using organic dried fruit keeps this recipe free from added preservatives.
- The My Organics range are free from preservatives, pesticides and artificial fertilizers.
Watch the video (recipe below):
Healthy Gingerbread Men
- 1 3/4 cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup*
- Organic dried fruit to decorate
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup and combine well.
- Transfer dough to a flat surface lined with baking paper, shape and cover with another piece of baking paper. Using a rolling pin roll out to 1/2 cm thick.
- Transfer to refrigerator for 1 hour or until firm (this helps cut shapes with a cookie cutter).
- Pre-heat oven to 170C.
- Using a cookie cutter cut shapes into the dough and gently pop out the cookie shape onto a lined baking tray. Repeat until all dough is used up. (Return flattened dough to refrigerator if needed to cut easily into shapes).
- Decorate with organic dried fruit, (I used dried cranberries, goji berries and currants) gently pushing into the dough.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool.
- *You can also use coconut nectar or honey in place of maple syrup.