Who doesn’t love cookies?! Making sure that no one misses out, here is my recipe for gluten free chocolate chip cookies.
The recipe is wheat free, dairy free and refined sugar free. Being made from cassava flour they are also allergy friendly and nut free.
Sweetened naturally with pure maple syrup or you can use any natural sweetener you like.
These gluten free chocolate chip cookies are the perfect treat. Kids love them too!
What is cassava flour?
Cassava flour is made from the cassava tuber. You might also know it as yuca. It is a sustainable, starchy root vegetable that when made into a flour can take the place of regular wheat flour in most recipes. Cassava does soak up a lot of liquid so its a close 1:1 swap but generally use a touch less than you would regular flour or add extra liquid/ fats. It has a mild flavour and perfect for baking.
If you love cookies, you’ll find more healthy cookies and treat recipes in our Real Food Recipes ebook.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder Aluminium free
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup No added sugar
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil Softened but not liquid*
- 1 free range eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Sugar free, chopped
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Pre heat oven to 170’C.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine maple syrup, coconut oil (*soft, not melted), egg yolk and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Stir through chocolate
- Shape tablespoon portions of cookie dough into rounds and press down lightly into shape on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to completely cool
- This recipe uses soft coconut oil. If your coconut oil is solid and firm, slightly warm to soften (but not liquify). If your coconut oil is liquid place in the refrigerator until soft and butter like.
- ** These cookies will be perfectly soft once cooled. For a firmer consistency store cooked cookies in refrigerator.
I sourced cassava flour from Spray Free Farmacy.
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
This recipe, video and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons