Soft and fudgey gluten free chocolate cake with a dairy free maple and macadamia cream, topped with fresh strawberries and buttery Australian Macadamias.
Note: This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free and Paleo friendly.
This is the perfect celebration cake without guilt and ones your guests will love!
Find more healthy and fun recipes without refined sugar or flours in my Real Food Recipes e-book.
GF Chocolate Macadamia Cake with Macadamia Maple Cream
Chocolate Macadamia Cake
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 heaped tbsp macadamia nut butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamias
- Pre-heat oven to 175’C.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, cacao and baking powder.
- In a seperate bowl whisk eggs and add milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and combine.Stir through chopped macadamias nuts.
- Pour into a lined/ greased round cake tin. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, take out can of coconut milk from fridge. Scoop out solids that have risen to the top (reserve liquid for another use).
- In a mixing bowl whip coconut cream solids with macadamia nut butter and maple syrup using electric beaters until thickened. Store in fridge to further thicken and until cake is cooled.
- Once cake is cooled, slice horizontally into two or three layers.
- Spread cream in between layers with slices of strawberry, saving some frosting for the top.
- Top with fresh strawberries and chopped macadamia nuts.