Bake these paleo, gluten free, grain free and dairy free cookies to fill your kitchen with the scent of cinnamon, vanilla and homemade baking. Mmm.. yum!
These cookies are also egg free and vegan making them suitable for those sensitive to eggs.
Oh & I love making these cookies at Christmas time (perfect with a sprinkle of ginger) and make the perfect cookie to leave out for Santa! They make great gifts and keep fresh for quite a while so can be made in advance.
Discover more healthy, kid-friendly treat recipes like these in my latest recipe e-book.
- Almond meal is rich in plant-based protein, healthy fats and vitamin E.
- This recipe uses minimal natural sweetness from maple syrup giving a ‘brown sugar’ taste without the effects of refined sugar.
- These cookies are low carb and nutrient rich making them a healthy choice for adults and kids too.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Cookies
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch pink salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup and mix to combine well.
- Using clean hands to shape mixture into a ball of dough.
- Roll out dough to 1/4cm thick between 2 pieces of grease proof baking paper.
- Transfer to refrigerator for 1 hour to firm up before cutting into shapes.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut rolled out dough into shapes.
- Place cookies on a lined baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes at 180°C or until edges begin to turn lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on tray.
- You can also add ground ginger to this recipe to turn these into the perfect paleo gingerbread biscuit.
- Add orange zest and or cacao powder for a choc-orange or chocolate flavour.
- You can make these cookies in advance. Simply store in an air-tight container.
- If you live in a cool climate you can skip refrigerating your dough before cutting. However, in the Australian Summer humidity this recipe works best if you refrigerator your rolled out dough before cutting into shapes. Your cut outs will be much easier and hold their shape when transferring to your baking tray.