Our healthy version of golden, crisp crumbed chicken!
The gluten free friendly crumb is made with a combination of almond meal and gluten free flour. For this recipe we used cauliflower flour for our gluten free flour mix! Yes, that’s right, cauliflower flour.
What is Cauliflower Flour?
A new kid on the block, cauliflower flour is an allergy friendly, gluten free, wheat free flour mix made with cauliflower.
You can use cauliflower flour one for one for flour replacement. We’ve been loving experimenting with the PomPom Paddock Cauliflower flour bespoke flour to make a gluten free pizza base and these delicious crumbed chicken strips.
You can buy PomPom Paddock Cauliflower online or see their website for a list of stockists.
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free friendly.
To make this recipe nut free and low FODMAP see recipe tips at the bottom of the recipe.
How to serve:
Enjoy as dippers with your favourite dipping sauce or serve with your favourite sides. We love these served with a side salad and homemade baked sweet potato chips.
You can also make these the star of a homemade burger with aioli sauce. Yum!
The kids love these served with sugar free tomato sauce.
Gluten Free Crumbed Chicken
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Place 1/3 cup cauliflower flour into a separate shallow bowl.
- Combine almond meal, 1/4 cup cauliflower flour, paprika, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- One by one, dust each chicken tender in cauliflower flour, follow by dipping into egg wash, and coating in almond meal mixture. Make sure each tender is coated well.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray. Repeat until all tenders are coating.
- Spray coated tenders generously with olive oil and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Turn over and re-spray with olive oil and continue to cook for remaining time or until golden and crisp.
You can also make this recipe using chicken breast, halved through the middle ad slightly flattened before coating and cooking.
Live Love Nourish Community Discount
Let’s stay connected
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for PomPom Paddock.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.