Not only are these savoury crackers gluten free and grain free but they also have a high nutrient value and are extremely satisfying. Many store-bought, pre-packaged rackers are high in refined carbohydrates, contain additives and often even contain gluten or dairy. There are many great brands coming out with healthier crackers that you can purchase at health food stores, here or alternatively you can make your own with this recipe.
These crackers are the prefect low carbohydrate, gluten free, satisfying snack for supporting balanced blood sugar levels and aid in keeping sugar cravings at bay.
Serve these crackers as a snack, with dips such asHommus, Guacamole, Beetroot Dip or Dairy Free Basil Pesto, salsas, in kids lunch boxes or even to dip into soups instead of bread.
You can personalise these crackers to create your own flavour combinations by adding ingredients such as dried rosemary and garlic powder or onion powder and chives.
- These crackers are low carb and rich in heathy fats, protein and vitamin E.
- Almonds provide a healthy dose of calcium for strong bones and teeth and are also beneficial for keeping blood sugar levels balanced and are in fact known to help diabetics.
Gluten Free, Grain Free Savoury Crackers
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 170C.
- Whisk eggs and oil together until well combined. Add sifted almond meal, sesame seeds, garlic powder and oregano and mix well.
- Place dough onto centre of a lined baking tray. Place a second piece of grease proof paper on top of dough and using a rolling pin or can of food roll out dough to approximately ¼ cm thick. Remove top layer of paper. Using a knife or pizza cutter cut into squares approximately 4cm x 4cm.
- Bake in oven for 10- 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool. Break into shapes along pre-scored cuts.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Add your own flavour combinations such as onion powder or dried herbs such as rosemary or chives.
- Substitute eggs for 3 tablespoons of water. The dough will be a little more fragile so roll out thicker to approximately 1/2 cm thick.
- Omit garlic powder and use garlic infused olive oil for garlic flavour.
Almonds are generally tolerated at 10-15 per serve; avoid large servings.