An allergy friendly, wheat free and gluten free recipe for homemade playdough using natural colourings. As a mum I try really hard to reduce the amount
of toxins and chemicals my little one is exposed to so I like to make our own playdough with natural ingredinets and natural colourings.
Being wheat free and gluten free it is great for kids with allergies. It is a great alternative to store-bought playdough if your little one can’t have
wheat or gluten and also if you wish to avoid artificial colourings or dyes.
I make this simple recipe for my toddler and its the perfect squishy but not sticky consistency. Store in an air-tight container and it will last quite a while.
If you or your little one has an intolerance, allergy or sensitivity to gluten, I have created a recipe e-book that is 100% gluten free and filled with 80 family friendly recipes.
How To Make Gluten Free Playdough
- 3/4 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 1 cup warm water
- In a saucepan, combine dry ingredients. Add oil and water and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and place onto parchment paper. Allow to cool; enough to handle.
- Once cool, add drops of natural colouring (see below) and knead the dough for several minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- You can purchase natural food dye at the health food shop and at some supermarkets and use these. They are naturally derived (for example turmeric for yellow, spirulina for green etc).
- If you love this recipe or you know someone with gluten allergies please share the link to the recipe with your friends and family or on Facebook (click the share button at the top of this page)
- Your support helps me to share more recipes that help others, so thank you.
- Don't forget to share your recipe remakes on Instagram and tag @livelovenourishaus so I don't miss it!
- Thank you so much for supporting my recipes.
- Make sure you let me know what you think in the comments below 🙂