Looking for an allergy friendly bread that is free from gluten, dairy, soy, yeast and nuts?
Look no further! We have experimented over and over in the Live Love Nourish kitchen to
create an allergen-free bread that is not only gluten free, dairy free, soy free, yeast
free and nut free but is also packed with nutrition and most importantly tastes delicious.
Using just 6 healthy ingredients we are sure you will find this Coconut Bread a winner.
Grain Free & Nut Free Coconut Bread
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk egg whites with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together egg yolks and coconut oil until well combined.
- Add sifted tapioca flour, baking powder and salt and combine well.
- Add sparkling water and coconut flour and mix to combine well.
- Gently fold through egg whites until well combined.
- Spoon batter into a lined small loaf tin.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool on a cooling wrack.
- Serve fresh or store in airtight container in refrigerator or in slice into portions and freeze.
- Serve fresh or toasted with your favourite toppings such as banana, avocado, eggs, tomato or salads.
Served toasted with soups or stews.
- Sifting your flours helps to make a lighter and well-combined batter.
- Beating your egg whites separately gives this bread a light and fluffy texture.
- Make sure you fold them in until combined rather than mixing through or whisking as this will knock out the air and make the loaf dense.
- Use room temperature eggs and room temperature sparkling water.
- Using cold ingredients will solidify the coconut oil on contact and prevent your batter from mixing evenly.
- Use a Standard Coconut Oil instead of extra virgin coconut oil as standard coconut oil is most suitable for savoury flavours whereas its extra virgin cousin has a stronger coconut flavour suitable for sweeter recipes.
- I recommend buying Organic Tapioca Flour to avoid added preservatives such as 220 found in some brands.
- Depending on your sensitivity to coconut products you may or may not be able to tolerate this bread made with coconut flour. Alternatively you can follow our recipe for Quinoa Super Seed Bread.