Holy guacamole! This simple guacamole recipe is sure to be your ‘go-to’ for a delicious avocado dip, condiment or spread. It contains no dairy and is naturally gluten free. You can serve this simple guacamole recipe as a dip, dollop over eggs, serve with salad or spread over toasted Gluten Free, Grain Free Bread the possibilities are endless.
Did you know? Mexican Hass avocados have a vibrant history, tracing back to the ancient Aztecs. Avocados have long been in our culinary history and now-a-days takes centre stage when it comes to being a power-house of nutrition.
- This super simple guacamole dip is a great source of slow release-energy. It is incredibly satiating and helps you to feel fuller and satisfied for
- Avocados are great for keeping you feeling fuller for longer and help to reduce sweet cravings by their satiating healthy fat content.
- Avocados are great for healthy skin from their vitamin E and vitamin C content and have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body providing protection
- Avocados are also rich in iron and other minerals needed for a healthy body and provide fibre for healthy digestion. They are also a fantastic to support
healthy hormone levels and improve mood.
- The healthy fat and fibre content of avocado is also known to help lower cholesterol levels.
This is the perfect simple guacamole to serve on top of sweet potato nachos (recipe in my e-book).
Guacamole in Minutes
- 2 ripe Avocados, mashed
- 2 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 1 Fresh Tomato, chopped
- Juice of ½ Fresh Lime or 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pink Salt to taste and Cracked Black Pepper to liking
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well.
- Serve with fresh vegetable sticks or Grain Free Crackers.
- Add as topping to Mexican dishes.
- Use as a filling to Sushi.
- Spread over toasted Gluten Free, Grain Free Bread.
- Serve with eggs for breakfast.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Mix in ¼ cup fresh coriander chopped.
- Use ⅛ red onion finely diced instead of spring onion.
- Add lime zest.
- Add 1 finely sliced kaffir lime leaf.
- You can choose to have your avocado mashed smooth or roughly smashed for a chunky texture.
- Squeeze a small amount of lemon or lime juice over top to keep guacamole staying fresher for longer.
- For added texture, roughly mash avocado so that it remains slightly chunky.
- Depending on your sensitivity you may be able to tolerate guacamole portioned out to 1/4 avocado in one sitting.
- Make sure you use only the green part of spring onion.