A fun and healthy Halloween snack made with whole foods.
- A healthy alternative to candy at Halloween encouraging healthy fun with kids (and big kids too).
- Made with real food ingredients these are naturally free from added sugar, preservatives and colourings (found in candy).
- Apples are rich in antioxidants and flavanoids such as quercetin (powerful at fighting free radical damage and the effects of inflammation and ageing).
- Good source of vitamin C (for healthy skin and a strong immune system).
- Source of fibre: apples are a great source of fibre promoting a healthy digestive system and keep you fuller for longer.
- Apples are also known to help promote healthy cholesterol levels and are suggested to reduce your risk of diabetes.
Discover more fun and healthy kid-friendly snacks in my recipe e-book.
Halloween Apple Monsters
- 1 green apple
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 strawberries or grape tomatoes
- Cut your apple into quarters.
- Carefully cut a wedge out of each quarter (be careful not to cut all the way through to the other side).
- Push slivered almonds into the top of the cut apple for the teeth.
- Sit sliced strawberry/ tomato onto the bottom of the cut edge for the tongue.