Healthy, refined sugar free chocolate mousse made rich rich and creamy in good fats to nourish. The hidden ingredient? Avocado! Your guests wont even know.
This vegan chocolate mousse recipe is dairy free, gluten free and paleo friendly.
I made the mousse using my Vitamix Ascent Series. Watch the video below to see the
NEW Vitamix cups and bowls in action to make the most perfect toppings for the mousse.
For more healthy, sweet treat recipes check out my Real Food Recipes e-book.
I have been using my Vitamix for many years now and it is one of my favourite kitchen appliances. Being good quality and high powered I use it to make
soups, sauces, pesto, dips, desserts and more. You can find out more about the Vitamix here.
Healthy Chocolate Mousse
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp natural liquid sweetener of choice*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Gluten free biscuits
- Fresh raspberries
- Refined sugar free dark chocolate
- Dry roasted almonds
- Fresh cherries,
- whole Fresh mint leaves
- In your Vitamix, add avocado, coconut ream, cacao powder, sweetener and vanilla.
- Starting on low speed then quickly increasing to high combine all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into individual serving glasses and put into fridge to allow to thicken.
- Choose your toppings. To make gluten free biscuit crumb pulse biscuits, using the Vitamix bowl attachment, to resemble fine bread crumbs.
- To make raspberry puree, blitz fresh raspberries using the Vitamix bowl attachment until pureed.
- To make chocolate crumb, pulse chocolate, using the Vitamix bowl attachment, to a crumble texture.
- To make crushed almonds, pulse almonds, using the Vitamix bowl attachment, to a rough chop.
- Just before serving, decorate with your choice of toppings.
- Serve chilled.
- Use natural sweeteners such as rice malt syrup, honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar.
- You can also use a handful of pitted medjool dates or sugar free natural alternatives such as stevia or monk fruit to taste.
- You can use the Vitamix Ascent series bowl instead of jug to make individual serves, simply use 1/4 of ingredients.
- Decorate with roasted and chopped macadamia nuts or almonds, or cacao nibs for a contrasting texture.