Did you know processed fish fingers may contain the food allergen wheat as well as preservatives, additives and processed ingredients.
Making your own fish fingers is fun, simple and a healthy recipe to add to your family favourites.
- Our healthy fish fingers are a great source of protein for muscle growth and energy.
- The almond meal used to coat these nuggets provide a source of vitamin E and minerals whilst providing a no flour, gluten free crumb.
- These homemade fish fingers are a great heathy alternative to processed versions.
Healthy Fish Fingers
- 800 g firm fish, (without bones), cut into 2cm x 4cm fingers
- 1 Free Range Egg, whisked
- 3/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/3 cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Pinch Pink Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oilfor cooking
- Pat fish fingers with a paper towel.
- Set up 2 bowls for coating. One with whisked egg, one with combined almond meal, parsley, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of fish into egg then into almond mix to coat. Place on a plate. Repeat until all fish pieces are coated.
- Heat oil in frying pan and cook fish fingers for 3-4 minutes each side over medium heat or until golden and cooked through.
- Choose firm fish so your fish fingers hold their shape well.
- Add sesame seeds to almond crust mixture.
- You can also change your herbs and spices to to make different flavour combinations such as using dried parsley or a pinch of cumin.
- Omit garlic powder and substitute with 1 teaspoon paprika.
- In place of egg dip fish pieces into olive oil then into almond coating.
- Almonds are generally tolerated at 10 per serve so use a light coating.