You’ll find this super-food, super-yum, detoxifying recipe featuring in the LLN 8 Week Program.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and soy free
To make this recipe low FODMAP see recipe notes below.
Kale, Quinoa & Almond Salad
- In a large mixing bowl massage kale with a generous amount of olive oil and lemon juice really well for several minutes and allow to stand for a further 5 minutes (this helps to tenderise the kale).
- Add quinoa, avocado, parsley, spring onion, salt and pepper and combine well. Add extra lemon juice to taste.
- Add dry roasted almonds just before serving.
- Stick to 1/4 avocado per serve. Stick to up to 10 almonds per serve or substitute for pumpkin seeds.
- Use green part of spring onion only.
- Substitute almonds for pumpkin seeds.
- You can also leave out quinoa and add additional kale.
- Add diced cucumber.
- To add more protein add cooked, shredded chicken, boiled egg or serve with cooked fish.
- If you have a thyroid condition or digestive condition cook your kale by sautéing in olive oil.
- Kale is one of the most nutrient dense vegetables available. It is rich in vitamins A, C and K and is loaded with powerful antioxidants.
- Quinoa is a high protein, gluten free seed that is rich in B-vitamins, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, vitamin E and a good dose of fatty acids.
- Avocado is rich in vitamins C, K and E as well as a great source of fibre, folate, magnesium and potassium.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E as well as magnesium, manganese and fibre and aid blood sugar control.
- Together these ingredients provide a very satisfying meal that promotes healthy metabolism whilst providing your body with a great dose of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.