Nothing says Spring more than enjoying BBQ’s, alfresco dinning, outdoor entertaining all whilst nourishing with in-season ingredients.
Featuring grass-fed and organic grilled Spring lamb served with a delicious and creamy (dairy free) pesto made with Australian macadamia nuts, this recipe boasts seasonal flavour and nutrition.
Free from gluten, grains and dairy. Just real (good) food.
This is one of my latest recipes custom developed for Toowong Village Shopping Centre in Brisbane.
- A substantial whole food recipe, free from gluten, grains and dairy.
- Nutrient dense ingredients including iron-rich lamb, macadamia nuts and extra virgin olive oil.
- A good quality protein source such as lamb provides a satiating effect that keeps you feeling satisfied and also aids to curb carb cravings.
- Macadamia nuts are rich in healthy fat that promotes heart health and help to aid healthy weight loss/management by boosting your metabolism and keeping you fuller longer.
- The nutrients found in macadamias are also good for your brain and nervous system.
- Macadamias are also rich in phosphorous,magnesium and manganese supporting good bone health. They are also a great source of slow release energy.
- Extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants beneficial for heart health, healthy cholesterol levels and preventing your cells from damage with it’s anti-ageing properties.
- Extra virgin olive oil contains oleocanthal, a natural anti-inflammatory reducing the effects of inflammation in your body.
- Basil is a great digestive herb, rich in antioxidants also providing anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
Spring Lamb Cutlets with Macadamia Pesto
- 12 Lamb cutlets
- 3 cups (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Pinch himalayan salt
- In a small blender or stab mixer with attachment, blend basil with half the amount of olive oil until finely chopped.
- Add lemon juice, macadamias, garlic, salt and remainder of oil. Blend until smooth. Add a little more oil or a splash of water if needed. Adjust seasoning to liking. Set aside.
- Grill lamb cutlets for 3-4 minutes each side (or until liking). Serve with pesto and sides of choice (such as fresh salad or steamed greens).
- Make your pesto in advance for a quick throw-together delicious meal.
- Swap lamb for grilled chicken.
- Make my pumpkin seed pesto in place of macadamia pesto.