Here’s an easy chicken dinner recipe that bursts with fresh flavour.
The combination of olive oil and lemon juice create a marinade that not only adds flavour but helps to tenderise your chicken breast to produce a moist and tender result. Say goodbye to dry chicken breast!
- Did you know that many store-bought marinades contain sugar as well as preservatives, additives or gluten? In this recipe we use fresh ingredients to make a lemon and herb marinade that is not only healthy and allergy friendly but tastes amazing.
- Chicken is a great source of protein and provides your body with a broad nutrient panel of B vitamins, zinc, iron, calcium and potassium.
- Chicken is also rich in the amino acid tryptophan which helps enhance your mood, combat stress and promote better sleep.
- Olive oil and fresh lemon juice aid healthy digestion.
Lemon & Herb Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 - 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Fresh Oregano, finely chopped (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped Chives
- Pinch Pink Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Free Range Chicken Breasts
- In a large mixing bowl combine olive oil, garlic, lemon zest & juice, oregano, parsley, chives, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts and mix through marinade to coat each breast. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and cook chicken breasts for 6 minutes each side over medium heat or until cooked through.
- Allow to rest for several minutes before serving/cutting.
- Use your favourite fresh herbs.
- You could also use turkey breast.
- Add a pinch of ground turmeric or chilli to your marinade.
- If using large chicken breasts cut into half lengthways to ensure cooks evenly.
- Allowing your breast to rest will also make sure your result is tender and juicy.
- Use garlic infused olive oil and avoid fresh garlic.