Low carb, gluten free hash browns made with cauliflower and naturally sweet Australian Onions.
This 4 ingredient healthy recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar and Paleo friendly.
Some fun health facts about onions:
- Onions are good for heart health.
- They contain fructans which play a role in gut health by feeding the good bacteria.
- Onions naturally contain antioxidants like vitamin C for a healthy immune system Find more simple, family friendly healthy gluten free recipes, check out my Real Food Recipes e-book.
Low Carb Cauliflower Hashbrowns
- 2 cups riced/finely grated cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup finely diced brown onion
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- Good quality salt pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 brown onion, sliced Optional
- In a mixing bowl combine riced cauliflower with onion, eggs, almond meal, salt and pepper.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat.
- Spoon heaped tablespoon portions of mixture onto pan and use back of spoon to gently flatten and shape.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes over low-medium heat each side or until golden.
- Sauté remaining sliced onion in extra virgin olive oil over low- medium heat until caramelised. Serve on top of hash browns (optional).
You can also add 1/2 tsp garlic powder or a pinch of chilli powder for an extra kick. For extra sweetness, caramelise the chopped onion first by cooking over low-medium heat in an oiled frying pan.