This paleo style, gluten and grain free loaf bursts with savoury flavours of garlic, herbs and olives.
Serve fresh, toasted, as a dipping bread to soup or simply on its own for a nourishing snack. I love serving slices of this loaf with fried eggs for breakfast or even topped with shredded chicken, tomato and avocado and lightly toasted under the grill.
- Almond Meal is a wonderful nutrient-rich substitute for grain based flours. It provides protein, good fats, vitamin E and helps to reduce carbohydrate cravings. Combined with the protein and nutrient supply of egg this bread is a well rounded when it comes to nutrition.
- Instead of eating bread made from processed, refined grain flour that can throw your blood sugar levels into chaos and ultimately lead to cravings, weight gain and digestive issues this basic grain free bread is packed with nutrients helping to sustain balanced blood sugar levels, making you feel fuller for longer and reduces the urge to over-eat. Because this recipe contains ingredients that are high in nutrient value you tend to also need less when compared to eating store-bought processed bread.
- Almonds provide a healthy dose of calcium for strong bones and teeth and are also beneficial for keeping blood sugar levels balanced and are in fact known to help diabetics.
Low Carb Herb, Garlic & Olive Loaf
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180ºC.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk eggs. Add sparkling water and whisk to combine.
- Mix through garlic, herbs and olives.
- Add almond meal, tapioca flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined.
- Spoon batter into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.