Mini savoury gluten free pancakes topped with a dairy free avocado cream. These healthy little bites are super simple to make and suitable for vegan/egg free diets also.
These healthy pancakes are great for breakfast, snacks, light lunches or entertaining.
- This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy, eggs and sugar.
- This recipe is also vegan and Paleo friendly.
- Made with simple, nourishing ingredients.
- Features turmeric for anti-inflammatory benefits (with black pepper and healthy fat to increase absorption).
- A source of plant-based protein and healthy fats.
Mini Savoury Turmeric Pancakes with Avocado Cream
- 1/2 cup natural almond meal
- 2 tsp organic tapioca flour
- 1 tsp organic coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (gluten & aluminium free)
- 1/4 cup coconut or plant-based milk (I used Pure Harvest Organic Golden Quench)
- 1 tbsp mashed cooked pumpkin*
- 2 tsp organic dried herbs
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Pinch salt & black pepper
- Pinch organic turmeric & nutmeg
- Olive oil for frying
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a small mixing bowl combine dry ingredients; almond meal, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, dried herbs, pepper, salt, nutmeg and turmeric. Mix to combine.
- Add milk and mashed pumpkin. Mix to combine well. (If your mixture is too wet, allow to stand for a few minutes).
- With your hands gently shape tablespoon portions of the mixture into 6 mini patties.
- Cook on a heated and oiled frying pan for approx. 2 minutes each side or until lightly golden.
- To make avocado cream, mash avocado with coconut yoghurt and lemon juice until combined.
- Serve avocado cream on top of warm pancakes.
- *Pre-cook pumpkin; steam until soft. Drain well and mash until smooth.