An easy and healthy hummus recipe made with whole food ingredients, free from preservatives, gluten or dairy.
For a Moroccan inspired twist I add spices and use lime in place of the usual lemon juice.
- Chickpeas are protein rich and a great source of fibre.
- Free from gluten, grains, dairy, nuts and sugar.
- This recipe is great for supporting healthy blood sugar levels, healthy cholesterol levels and helping to keep you fuller for longer.
- A well-balanced snack rich in protein, slow release smart carbohydrates and healthy fat.
- The tahini adds a great source of calcium, magnesium and vitamin E.
Moroccan Spiced Hummus
- 400 g canned chickpeas Drained and rinsed (I use BPA free can & organic)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoon tahini (hulled)
- 1/4 cup garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tsp Moroccan spice mix (I used Mingle Seasoning- Sahara; add more to liking)
- Pinch salt good quality
- pinch pepper good quality
- Process all ingredients in blender (I use a Total Nutrition Centre 5200 Vitamix) or food processor, scraping down sides as needed.
- Serve chilled. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- Serve with gluten free/grain free crackers or raw vegetable sticks.
- Instead of fresh garlic you can also use garlic infused olive oil as your liquid component. A great option for people sensitive to garlic.