These sweet potato mash is flavoured with fresh Moroccan flavours to create a vegetable side that is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, vegan, paleo and of course healthy.
Mash is such a quick and easy side dish but there’s more than just plain old starchy white potato mash! Getting creative with which vegetables and flavours you use can turn a basic mash into a vibrant, colourful and nutrient-rich side and a great way to provide your family with nutritional variety.
- Sweet potato is a nutrient-dense complex carbohydrate that provides your body with a slow-release source of energy. As well as being rich in fibre, sweet potato has a more balanced effect on your blood sugar levels when compare to white potato.
- Sweet potato contains great amounts of vitamins A and C as well as B6 and provides an impressive amount of minerals.
- Adding chickpeas to this mash will increase the supply of protein to your body as well as fibre.
Moroccan Sweet Potato Mash
- Steam or bake sweet potato until tender.
- Mash sweet potato together with lime juice, cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir through coriander and chickpeas just before serving.
- Serve warm.
- Serve as a side dish to cooked meals or as a bed for chicken, fish, beef or lamb.
- Baking the sweet potato with intensify the flavour.
- You can also mix in 1-2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Sprinkle with toasted and crushed pistachios just before serving.