On the look-out for a crunchy cookie recipe that is healthy, grain free and refined sugar free? Here it is! This is my simple nut cookie recipe made from almond and cashew meal and made extra healthy with just a hint of natural sweetness.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, Paleo friendly, egg free and vegan too.
Nuts for Nuts Cookies
- 1 cup (150g) cashew meal
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp (20ml) pure maple syrup
- 12 whole mixed nuts
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180C.
- In a mixing bowl combine cashew and almond meal.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup and combine well.
- Shape tablespoon portions into cookie shapes and place on a lined baking tray.
- Very gently, lightly press one nut into the surface of each cookie.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on tray.
- Store in an air-tight, glass container to keep fresh.
- If you find your cookie mixture is a little crumbly you can add a touch more maple syrup to help bind.
- This recipe is subtly sweetened however if you have a sweet tooth, you can substitute some of the coconut oil for more maple syrup (reduce 1 Tbsp coconut oil and add 1 Tbsp maple syrup).
- TO MAKE CHOC CHIP COOKIES - Add chopped refined sugar free and dairy free chocolate to your cookie dough 🙂
- These cookies are nutrient dense and very satisfying thanks to their healthy fats and boast the benefits of a great nutritional profile thanks to the almonds and cashews.
- The healthy fats found in these nuts help to curb sweet cravings and also increase nutrient absorption of fat soluble vitamins A and D.
- Cashews and almonds are rich in fibre and are an abundant source of vitamins and essential minerals including zinc, selenium, iron, calcium, copper, magnesium, manganese and potassium.
- Cashews are a good source of vitamin B1, B5 and B6 and almonds are a great source of vitamin E.
- Cashews are believed to have beneficial effects on oxidation stress levels, inflammation and promote heart health.
- Cashews also help maintain bone health due to the presence of calcium, magnesium, potassium and vitamin K.
- Almonds provide antioxidant properties and support hearth health.
- Almonds are also great for healthy brain function, help control blood sugar levels and promote glowing, healthy skin.
- Using nut based ingredients these cookies are also carb free and very satisfying, aid improved metabolism and promote higher energy levels.
- I try to use minimal sweetener to satisfy with flavour but keep your sugar intake in mind and keep your blood sugar levels balanced.
Don’t forget to share your pics of our recipes with us on Instagram! We love seeing your creations. Tag @livelovenourishaus and #livelovenourishaus xx